Friday 1 October 2010

one night in MUC

If my travelling intelligence develops further in the direction it is going now I’m not so sure if I manage to come back from Asia. Or if I even go there….
After Amsterdam adventure with going to the wrong gate and trying to fly EasyJet instead of KLM I did something better this time.
It was last day in Ingolstadt, I got a lift from a colleague from the project. I was relaxed, dropped of my luggage, I did some airport sightseeing for the last time. Art at Munich Airport. Painter imitating Andy Warhol and using German symbols, like Aspirin, Tempo tissues, sauer kraut cans etc in her works.
So nice, so relaxing.
It was not even 18. At least three more hours to boarding as my flight is at 21.30. But still I’ve decided to go to business lounge, eat something and read. I had to return my internet stick, so it was the only entertainment that I had. At least I’ll finish the book: “La tia Julia y el escribidor” by Mario Vargas Llosa. I’ve also been observing people. Something that I love to do, sit somewhere and observe. How and what they eat and drink, what they wear, where do they come from and where do they go. Like now, when I’m writing this note. Priest, who started his day with a glass of beer at about 7 in the morning.
I took a look at my boarding pass, just to check boarding gate. Oooooooo F.U.C.K. Fuck, fuck FUCK, fUCK, FuCk fUcK, FUck, fuCK, fUCk, FucK, fuck, fuck. Nooooo, that cannot be. It does not happen. This is some fucking game someone is playing with me. How come is my boarding time at 18.00? My flight is at 21.25, so how come boarding is at 18? Eighteen. One, eight. Uno, ocho. Ochenta. Achtzehn. Acht, ein. Osiemnaście. Jeden, osiem. Eighteen.
Calm down, pack your book and go to the Lufthansa ticket centre: “Halo. Ich glaube, dass ich ein Problem habe. Ich was sicher, dass mein Flug um 21.25 fliegt, aber hier steht boarding Zeit 18. Ich hab gar nicht gekuckt, ich bin sicher gewesen, dass ich um 21.25 fliege. Wie immer.”
Finally I’ve managed to get ticket for next day. 8.50. But what do I do now? It’s Oktoberfest time, no places in hotels and if there are any they cost fortune. I do not have fortune. But I have some friends in MUC. Ok, but are they close/good friends enough to ask fir such favour?
First person on my list: silence (oh how stupid, why did I think it's kind of sign). But still in the mean time I‘ve bought ticket to Munich. I did not want to spend night at the airport. The worst case I go party. Kultfabrik. I know where that is, how to get there. My luggage is at the airport; I’ll lock my laptop bag in the locker at the railway station and have some fun.
Second person: I did not want to bother P, especially that in fact I’d have to sleep at his parent’s home. And they do not know me even. And he is not there. But I was so desperate that evening, that finally I’ve decided to give it a try. I was on the train to MUC already, and actually it went really smooth: Sure, let me check with my brother and I call u back. And after 5 minutes: sure, do you remember where to go? Almost, but text me address and U-Bahn station.
I’ve reached Koenigsplatz and 5 minutes later I was at home. I’ve told my story, took shower and went to bed only to get up at 5.20 and travel back to airport. Actually now I seen that, that was much too early, but I did not want to miss my plane again. Everyone was sleeping when I was leaving, so I even did not say goodbye and thank you. I’ve silently slipped out.

Art at Munich Airport


Art at Munich Airport


Art at Munich Airport


Art at Munich Airport


For sure I owe a lot to the whole H family. Thank you! You’ve made my stressful experience much more pleasant.

Munich airport


1 comment:

  1. I wanted to write in on FB yesterday but finaly I did not do that.

    You are the biggest freak I have ever known! And I'd like to emphasise BIGGEST, FREAK and EVER.

    ReplyDelete